Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Imperfect Parent

I read a great article this morning about the joy of parenting and how it has nothing to do with being a perfect parent.  Looking back at Lydia's first six months of life, this is certainly my greatest regret and something I do not want to repeat with the new baby.  I constantly compared myself to others and held myself to too high of a standard. I often need to be reminded that no mother is perfect.  Facebook and Pinterest don't help to covey this, nor do blogs like this one.   You only see the highlights, especially since it is a gratitude blog. So here are some of my imperfect realities:  I have made no headway what-so-ever with potty training, mainly because I don't feel up to the challenge.  Lydia still sleeps with a pacifier.  I was planning on kicking the habit during our time in Florida.  Now I am chickening out, thinking it might be quite useful on our flight home.  Five fruits and veggies a day, forget about it!  And only two hours of TV a day, are they joking!?!?!  I vow to work on accepting these imperfections rather than beating myself up over them.  Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment