Friday, August 22, 2014
Thursday, August 21, 2014
We have started doing "Lydia Playtime" to encourage Lydia to play on her own, something she does not like to do much of. I set the timer for 45 minutes, put on her favorite music and clean. It sorta works. Today she enlisted Jack to be her playmate during "Lydia Playtime." She was Princess Anna from Disney's Frozen, while Jack played Elsa. She sang and did circles around Jack for a good ten minutes. Click on the link to view. http://youtu.be/4cF1J3v8sfA
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Here are some shots of Lydia at her preschool during water play and cooking time. The school has a Facebook page and it so neat to find photos of Lydia posted there. The last photo was drawn in response to the question "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I was impressed with the drawing! John claims to have taught her to draw a person so well. But a Basketball Player...really Lydia!?!?!? Come on, please play soccer! Megan
Sunday, August 17, 2014
A friend kindly offered to take us around San Diego Bay in his speedboat. We jumped on the opportunity and could not have had a better time. Lydia got to drive the boat as well as swim with John. Jack enjoyed the sea breeze from his car seat. The views of the city were gorgeous. I definitely see a boat in our future. Megan
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
- She truly got to know Jack and I'm pretty sure he won her over.
- We explored the Little Italy Farmers Market, yummy fun.
- She took care of kids, freeing John and I to go on our first long motorcycle ride in years and a Saturday night double date with friends.
- We dined at Point Loma Seafoods and discovered a authentic Italian restaurant in the neighborhood.
- She experienced the roller coaster ride of moods that is Lydia at three years of age. The highs being laughs and big hugs. The low being the good 'ol public tantrum.
Thank you Mom! Megan