Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Celebrating 70 Years of Marriage

Lydia and I flew back to Kansas to help celebrate my grandparents' 70th wedding anniversary. This year John and I will be celebrating our 7th anniversary. I like to think that we are just one-tenth of the way through our marital journey as we hope to follow in the footsteps of my Grandma Ruth and Granddad Jack. I also spent time with my nephew, Nathan, who I had not seen since the day of his birth. This almost four month old is thriving, happy-as-can-be. He charmed me with his big smile and frequent coos. The downfall of living in Florida is not being closer to family. I wish Lydia and Nathan could grow up as playmates. For the time being, Nathan is probably relieved by the distance. While Lydia did not pull his hair as I had worried she would, she did make several attempts to steal his pacifier. Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment