Thursday, November 29, 2012

Open Gym


This week we attended preschool open gym twice at our local gymnastics studio. With cooler temps and an active girl, this is a great activity. I cannot stress enough that Lydia loves it--she runs from station to station, climbs high up on the mats, jumps into the nerf block pit, and bounces on the trampolines. Of course I try not to compare Lydia to the other toddlers there but let me just say that so far Lydia is the only child I have seen who will a) roll a ball to another child in hopes of playing together and b) stop mid-activity to do a little dance if the right song comes over the sound system. I am a proud and lucky mom. Now if only I had won the lottery this week! Given half a billion dollars, I would quickly buy a house and convert the basement to our own gymnasium fully-equipt with tumbling floors, padded walls and all the fun stuff. For now, a few hours a week will do. Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment