Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Eyes on the Prize, Night One Complete


I recently read an article about parenting and one line struck a cord with me. "Give your child everything she needs and little of what she wants." So when I read in my What to Expect book last night that a child after age three-four months no longer needs to eat during the night, I was surprised. For the past month, I have been waking up twice a night to feed Lydia because I thought her body needed the nutrition. The "Cold Turkey" section caught my attention next. "The Cry It Out Method almost ALWAYS works and usually within three-four days." Sold. First night complete. It was miserable hearing Lydia cry for three hours straight. Luckily she is all smiles this morning and I'm all about my cup of coffee. Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment